We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
During the COVID-19 pandemic our role is as the primary work health and safety and energy safety regulator. We also have an additional role enforcing the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act 2020. This means we have to make choices about how we’ll respond to COVID Act breaches.
We’ll focus our COVID Act enforcement powers on the risk of COVID-19 transmission through work. Specifically, our focus is:
- the health and safety of workers in higher risk activities, such as working at managed isolation or quarantine facilities (MIQFs)
- whether businesses and services are meeting COVID Act requirements, including displaying QR codes and ensuring physical distancing
- working with other COVID Act enforcement agencies to support them when required and to ensure our approach is aligned where possible
- supporting the All of Government (AoG) Compliance Hub response to COVID-19.
We’ll do this by:
- responding to COVID-19 complaints or concerns
- addressing COVID-19 issues while carrying out business as usual
- responding to patterns or behaviours of concern.
We’ll take our data, intelligence, and insights into account when we decide where and how to deploy our inspectors.
When we choose to act we’ll take an education and enforcement approach. Enforcement will begin with a verbal or written directive.
This approach is in line with the AoG Graduated Response to COVID-19 enforcement.