Rickie Shore Building Limited
Court Summary - at a glance
- Effectively analyse the task of fitting fascia board to an I-beam and provide appropriate controls to manage the hazard of a fall from height;
- Ensure that Hibond sheets form a safe working platform by:
- Providing the Installation Guide to those installing the sheets;
- Ensuring the sheets were secured in accordance with the Installation Guide; and
- Hiring a contractor trained to install the Hibond sheets or providing training to Mr Connor and monitoring his work to ensure the sheets were correctly fitted.
The victim is an employee of the defendant.
On the day of the incident, the victim was clamping and drilling timber fascia boards using Hibond sheets as a work platform. The victim fell 2.9 metres to the ground when one of the Hibond sheets moved.
The investigation revealed the Hibond sheets were not installed or secured properly and did not form a safe work platform