We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Remove or tape all windows prior to demolition if the adjacent property is close to the property to be demolished;
- Adequately brace walls to ensure that during the course of the demolition the walls fall inward towards the centre of the structure;
- Ensure that adequate hoardings were in place to ensure that the residence and the residents living there are protected from falling objects;
- Place plywood over the windows at the commencement of the project, to protect the property from any debris; and
- Liaise with the neighbouring occupants as to the appropriate times to conduct demolition work, exclusion zones, safe access routes and when to avoid certain areas of their property in order to avoid being struck by objects