We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Ensure that the Weinig Planer was adequately guarded to New Zealand Standards;
- Ensure safe systems of work were provided for the Weinig Planer that included:
- Formalised pre-start checks to ensure machine guards were present and functional;
- Lockout/tagout procedures that incorporated jam-ups’
- A system to ensure that new or returning staff are competent to operate the machine and follow safe systems of work.