We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Welcome back to the hazardous substances update.
We’ll let you know when new requirements come into law, what tools and information we have to help businesses understand the requirements and how you and your staff can stay safe when working with hazardous substances.
In this issue:
- Training your staff and a new rule to keep hazardous substances training records
- HASANZ register gets ready to launch
- Reducing ammonia leaks
- New rules for storing toxic and corrosive substances
- Asbestos found in Bunsen burner gauze mats
- Hazardous substance guidance and education products to help you
- Enforceable undertaking accepted from Airtech and NZ Hothouse
- New rules for some antifouling paints
- Staying up to date between newsletters with social media