We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Market monitoring of electrical and gas, products, installations and networks through audits and inspections is our proactive approach to ensuring compliance and promoting the appropriate steps to sourcing and supplying safe products, and to safe installation.
Our approach to market monitoring is to:
- ensure that electrical and gas product suppliers comply with the regulations
- ensure that electrical and gas installations, works and distribution systems comply with the regulations
- strengthen relationships with electrical and gas product industries, as well as installers, designers, operators and network owners
- improve our understanding of the marketplace
- maintain the value of safe gas and electrical products, and safe electrical and gas installation
- maintain the integrity of the appliance and installation and network safety regimes
- provide a level playing field for suppliers and operators.
- target non-compliance.
In order to determine trends, notifiable electrical injury accidents and notifiable and non-notifiable gas accident information collected since 1993 has also been analysed and made available on this site.