We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Provide appropriate controls to ensure the press was prevented from start-up while work was being carried out inside the enclosed press, such as an interlocked guard;
- Implement effective interim controls to protect workers from the risk until a permanent solution could be implemented;
- Ensure the provision of information, training and instruction to protect workers from the risks to health and safety when working inside the enclosed press;
- Ensure systems and procedures were adequate, communicated to workers and complied with;
- Develop and implement a system to ensure that risks identified were addressed appropriately and regularly reviewed.