We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Use an effective means of fall protection e.g.
- Isolating harm mechanisms (mobile scaffolding that could reach the top trusses or mobile elevating work platforms
- Where the above is not possible, minimising harm mechanisms such as safety nets or mesh or soft landing systems.
- Ensure controls are properly documented in a clear, up to date and relevant manner prior to the work commencing
- Have an effective system to communicate these controls to employees ensuring that everyone is aware and follows them
- Provide effective supervision of the work to ensure that the employees are following the agreed procedures.
At the time of the accident, there were no effective means of fall protection in place. The employee suffered serious injuries including fractured humerus, clavicle and fracture ribs, and a significant on-going head injury.