We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Ensure that there were adequate guarding arrangements on the out-feed of the Optimiser;
- Ensure that emergency stop devices on the out-feed of the Optimiser were fully operative, prominent and immediately accessible to each user of the machine;
- Develop, document, implement, communicate, and monitor the effectiveness of a safe system of work for the operation of the Optimiser. This would include:
- Developing and implementing safe operating procedures for all operations on the Optimiser including the hazards in the outfeed area; and
- Ensuring that all workers working on the Optimiser were trained and supervised according to the safe operating procedures.