We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
WorkSafe has granted a class exemption for every PCBU with management or control of quarantine or pre-shipment fumigation using methyl bromide commencing 1 December 2017.
A class exemption has been granted by WorkSafe in accordance with section 220 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 to every PCBU who undertakes quarantine or pre-shipment fumigation using methyl bromide on a ship berthed at Berth MP1 inside the Northport Marsden Wharf Security Area and within 100 metres of a landside public access area adjacent to Berth MP1.
The exemption is granted subject to the terms and conditions that:
- each hold on the ship must be located at least 50 metres from the landside public access area.
- Each hold that is positioned less than 100 metres from the public access area must be vented sequentially, that is, one at a time.
- No other hold on the ship are to be vented concurrently with a hold that is less than 100 metres from the public access area.
- Monitoring at the boundary of the 50 metre buffer zone must be undertaken in accordance with the Environmental Risk Management Decision HRC08002.
- The quantity of methyl bromide applied to each of the holds that are within 100 metres of the landside public access area must be less than 1000 kilograms.