Alert: Notifications and correspondence during COVID-19 restrictions
We are operating at reduced capacity due to the COVID 19 Alert Level Two requirements. Find out more about how to correspond and notify us during this time.
You might also hear from us as we proactively call businesses about how they're operating safely during Alert Level Two.
In this issue
This issue we are focusing on workplace respiratory hazards and have packaged the relevant guidance for you.
Worker exposure to hazardous airborne substances without the appropriate health hazard identification and mitigation can lead to serious respiratory illness. These exposures can also compromise a worker’s ability to resist respiratory illnesses that are part and parcel of the winter season.
- The latest report on work-related health issues our inspectors see
- Information about welding fumes being classified as a carcinogen
- Protecting workers with respiratory protective equipment
- Managing silica dust
- Local exhaust ventilation systems
- Controlling construction dust
- Keeping safe from carbon monoxide poisoning
- A warning on a new E.coli strain
- Unseen health risks on the farm
- New online tool for SMEs on workplace health and wellbeing
- Clean air in action in Manukau
- Our Construction Lead Vadim Spice on making construction industry work safer from dust