We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Our April work-related health update.
In this issue:
- The importance of worker engagement, participation and representation in reducing harm at work
- Reminder about the risks of working with organic solvents
- Supporting your workers after a traumatic event
- Reducing noise at work - case study
- Heads-up about upcoming consultation on managing violence in healthcare
- Clarifying asbestos duties for body corporates
- Dr Bill Glass awarded Senior New Zealander of the Year
- Increased risk of fatigue after Daylight Saving
- Survey on current capabilitiy in health and safety disciplines
- New Domestic Violence Victims' Protection Act in force
- Reminders about: new rules for class 6 and class 8 substances, hazardous waste and temporary storage of VTAs