We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
We are advertising for 26 people to be trained as health and safety inspectors. This is your opportunity to establish a career in health and safety regulation and help make New Zealand’s workplaces safer and healthier.
Two start dates are available: 10 April and 7 August 2017.
Our inspectors assess, inspect and educate businesses to improve their health and safety systems, and lead investigations into accidents.
We are looking for people with:
- Huge capacity for learning (some of this is in the classroom but a lot is on the job)
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Ability to build rapport with workers, business owners and representatives
- Willingness to enforce the law when required
- Strong computer literacy, excellent communication and sound writing skills.
We’re also keen to hear from people who already have experience in health and safety assessments, audits or investigations or who have worked in a job that requires applying the law/regulations.
Applications close on Monday 23 January.
To apply go to http://www.worksafe.govt.nz/worksafe/about/careers