We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Two restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Welcome to the first issue of the hazardous substances newsletter for this year.
There are some important regulatory changes coming into effect. They are a continuation of the December 2017 hazardous substances law changes. We'll be keeping you updated on what you need to do to be prepared for these changes.
In this issue:
- Upcoming changes:
- New rules for Class 6 and 8 substances
- Hazardous waste changes
- Temporary storage of vertebrate toxic agents
- New performance standards for our compliance certifiers
- Do you need to be a certified handler to clear 1080 off walking tracks?
- Hazardous substances guidance – what’s new?
- Getting rid of household hazardous waste
- Innovating health and safety around hazardous substances